The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) https://www.dhs.gov is seeking innovative commercial products to confront and respond to COVID-19. The U.S Government wants to rapidly accelerate the testing and fielding of new capabilities, employ innovative commercial products to detect exposure, to help prevent and contain, and treat the coronavirus along with similar microbial threats.
On April 17, 2020 DHS released the updated Solicitation “Innovative Commercial Products in Support of Coronavirus Response Commercial Solutions Opening Pilot” Program (CSOP). The General Solicitation” seeking responses will be accepted on an ongoing basis until August 31, 2020.
Proposed innovative commercial products may include but are not limited to:
- Products that supplement shortages and/or emerging needs for personal protective equipment
- Enhancing or expediting screening capabilities
- Enhancing or expediting facility cleaning capabilities
- Extending testing capabilities
- Utilizing technology to support the COVID-19 response
- Converting existing production and logistics operation to support the COVID-19 response
Each contract awarded through CSOP can’t exceed $10 million. The number and the value of awards under this CSOP agreement will be decided by DHS, based on the merit of the proposals received. The Government may decide to award follow-on contracts to support production of products developed under initial awards received through this general solicitation competition.
For the Special Notice “Innovative Commercial Products in Support of Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response”, go to https://beta.sam.gov then go to the search box for CSOP-HQ-CV-20-00001 and this will take you to the CSOP General Solicitation.