The final 2020-2025 Federal Health IT Strategic Plan was recently released by the HHS Office of the National Coordinator https://healthit.gov in collaboration with more than 25 federal organizations along with comments from the public.
The goals, objectives, and strategies defined in the plan include:
- Putting individuals first by focusing on person-centered care
- Focusing on value by promoting and pursing activities that improve health and care quality
- Building a culture of secure access to health information
- Putting research into action,
- Encouraging innovation and competition
- Developing health IT policies through open, transparent, and accountable processes
Further details and topics specifically discussed in the plan concern advancing interoperability, advancing and promoting new technologies, and reducing the regulatory and administrative burden.
Go to https://healthit.gov/topic/2020-2025-federal-health-it-strategic-plan to view the Plan