The 2013 ATA Fall Forum to be held September 8-10 at the Sheraton Centre will have many sessions exploring telemedicine as the solution to dealing with readmissions, providing care for chronic illnesses, developing effective payment models, plus sessions will be held on many other vital topics related to telemedicine and mobile healthcare.
The ATA Forum will showcase:
- Reducing emergency room visits and hospital stays by incorporating technology into programs focusing on the unique needs of frequent visitors to the ER
- Reducing hospital readmissions by using telemedicine in the transition of care at the time of discharge and during post hospitalization
- Providing seamless services for an aging population and how the UK has successfully used technology to provide coordinated aging services and home healthcare for seniors while at the same time, managing the high costs and ever changing technologies revolving around remote patient monitoring
- Building sustainable telehealth networks using alternative business models
- Engaging consumers, reducing costs, and improving care through patient portals utilizing the best designs and successful incentives to achieve both provider and patient buy-in
- Using big data and analytics to transform healthcare
- Getting paid for telehealth
- Mainstreaming mHealth into the clinical workflow
- Overcoming the provider shortage that includes primary care and specialist shortages
- Success stories of health services delivered remotely in a wide variety of environments
The exhibits will feature 50 of the top telemedicine and mHealth vendors, showcasing products and services. Go to www.americantelemed.org to view the 2013 ATA Fall Forum information and the Virtual Exhibit Hall. You will learn how your organization can position itself as a leader in the field of telemedicine and remote healthcare by exhibiting.
In addition, a Pre-Meeting Training Course “Best Practices for Building Your Telehealth Program” will be coordinated by the Arizona Telemedicine Program and the Ontario Telemedicine Network on September 8, 2013.
Attendees will learn about some of the key elements for success in establishing or expanding telemedicine applications from the experiences of two of the largest telemedicine programs in North America. Canadian and U.S experts will discuss telemedicine and telehealth technology and networking in terms of legal and regulatory issues, clinical applications, facility design, business, research, and how to assess programs.
To top off the 2013 ATA Fall Forum, the world-renowned Toronto International Film Festival will be going on at that time. This will be a chance to see the year’s best early-release films and to run into Hollywood celebrities.