The Administration for Children and Families within HHS has posted their Forecasted Funding Opportunity Announcement (FOA) (HHS-2018-ACYF-CA-1383) with the FOA estimated to be posted July 03, 2018. The FOA will solicit proposals to develop and expand test and chat-based capabilities for child maltreatment prevention, resource sharing, detection, and reporting.
The grantee will be required to:
- Determine the use of text and chat-based technology
- Identify effective strategies for appropriate communication
- Identify verification and privacy protection for youth who may be victims of maltreatment
- Develop strategies to effectively share resources with youth who may be experiencing maltreatment
- Disseminate protocols and strategies to national hotlines such as the National Domestic Violence Hotline and the National Human Trafficking Hotline
Applicants can include public, state and private institutions of higher education, city, county, state, or township governments, Native American tribal governments, for profit organizations, non-profits, and small businesses.
The forecasted FOA title is “Best Practices for the Use of Text and Chat-Based Technology in Child Maltreatment Reporting, Detection, and Prevention. The estimated total program will be $1,000,000 with the estimated application due date to be August 3, 2018.
Go to https://www.grants.gov/custom/printForecastDetails.jsp for more information or email Chereese.Phillips@acf.hhs.gov.