The National Science Foundation (NSF) www.nsf.gov within their Directorate for Engineering Industrial Innovation and Partnerships issued the “Partnerships for Innovation” (PFI) solicitation (NSF 18-511) which will fund and support NSF funded research to enable innovation. The anticipated funding amount for $16,760,000 includes 45 to 55 awards with response to the solicitation due February 1, 2018.
The goals for the PFI program are to:
Identify and support NSF sponsored research and technologies that have potential for accelerated commercialization
- Support prior or current NSF sponsored researchers, institutions of higher education, and non-profit organizations that have partnered with an institution to undertake proof-of-concept work including developing technology prototypes derived from NSF research which have potential market value
- Promote sustainable partnerships between NSF-funded institutions, industry, and other organizations within academia and the private sector in order to accelerate technology transfer
- Develop multi-disciplinary innovation ecosystems that are responsive to the needs of academia and industry.
- Enhance professional development activities, mentoring, and entrepreneurship for students and researchers
- Expand the participation of women and individuals from underrepresented groups in innovation, technology translation, and entrepreneurship
Eligible applicants can include academic/research U.S institutions, public or non-profit, non-academic U.S organizations directly associated with technology transfer activities, or nonprofit U.S organizations that will partner with an institution of higher education
Go to https://www.nsf.gov/pubs/2018/nsf18511/nsf18511.pdf for more information or call 703 292-5111