The CMS Innovation Center (CMMI) https://innovation.cms.gov has issued a Request for Information (RFI) seeking feedback on a new direction that would promote patient-centered care and also test market driven reforms. CMMI is interested in increasing choices and competition to empower beneficiaries.
CMMI’s goal is to provide price transparency and increase choices and competition to drive quality, reduce costs, and improve outcomes to empower beneficiaries as consumers. CMMI welcomes stakeholder input on new ideas and concepts and on the future direction of the Innovation Center.
CMMI is interested in testing models in the following eight focus areas:
- How to increase participation in advanced Alternative Payment Models (APM)
- How to develop consumer-directed care and market-based innovation models
- Physician specialty models
- Prescription drug models
- Medicare Advantage Innovation models
- State-based and local innovation including Medicaid focused models
- Mental and behavioral health models
- Program integrity
The Innovation Center may also test models in other areas. Submit comments online by email to CMMI_NewDirection@cms.hhs.gov through November 2017.