Zipnosis www.zipnosis.com, a virtual care company has formed the Clinical Quality Advisory Council (CQAC), a collection of healthcare leaders to provide clinical and strategic guidance to the virtual care industry. As healthcare delivery models shift to improve efficiency while maintaining high-quality standards of care it is important to ensure that clinical guidelines for virtual care are in place.
CQAC will perform reviews of Zipnosis current evidence-based clinical guidelines, support ongoing quality assurance efforts, and help establish best practices for clinical quality for outpatient virtual care.
Healthcare leaders on CQAC include:
- Evelyn Balogun, MD, Medical Director Urgent Care and Occ/Employee Health Services, Inspira Health Network https://www.inspirahealthnetwork.orgg
- Brian Bossard, MD, President, Bryan Telemedicine, Bryan Health https://www.bryanhealth.com
- Stephanie Cowan, DNP, Clinical Coordinator, Seattle MultiCare Health System www.multicare.org
- Deborah Greer MD, Executive Medical Director, John Muir Health https://www.johnmuirhealth.com
- Steve North MS, Clinical Director, Mission Virtual Care, Mission Health https://www.mission-health.org
- Dang Tran, MD, Vice President, Medical Practice, Fairview Health Services https://www.fairview.org
- Darin Willardsen, MD, Vice President, Chief Medical Information Officer, CentraCare https://www.centracare.com
The Council has defined several clinical quality metrics for the Zipnosis platform with the intent to guide the virtual care industry as a whole. These metrics focus on antibiotic stewardship, first-line antibiotic prescribing when clinically appropriate, monitoring prescribing for viral upper respiratory infections, and providing clinical guideline adherence for monitoring and managing strategies.
By pairing traditional telemedicine with next-generation virtual care, patients can be treated through the use of video and telephone consultations, online adaptive interviews, and in-person care via the platform’s advanced routing capabilities including lab integration. The technology also supports deep integration with EMRs, patient portals, online scheduling and other IT systems.
“Ensuring clinical quality and patient safety is essential whether care is delivered online or in-person. We believe that Zipnosis has a responsibility to help set quality standards for the virtual care industry,” said Zipnosis Chief Clinical Officer, Kevin Smith. “I’m excited and honored to be working with healthcare leaders whose enthusiasm, engagement, and expertise is invaluable in guiding what the standards should be.”